Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Bless This Mess

Happy New Year!

I'm still on Winter Break, but Bryan went back to work today. I felt like practicing for when I'm a stay at home mom, so I made dinner tonight using Aunt Judy's cook book. Bryan requested chicken fried rice. Okay, we've got some teriyaki chicken frozen, so that should be easy. She's a great cook, so I trust the recipe, but I don't cook much, so I don't trust my skills. As I was setting the bowls of food on the table, I said, "I hope this turned out okay. If it sucks, I'm going to Taco Bell." Bryan volunteered to say the blessing. It was nice until the very end: "Please bless this food to be good so that we don't have to go to Taco Bell."
Amen.

P.S. It turned out good, but needed a little extra sauce. He said, "I guess my blessing worked 'cause it's freakin' good."

5 comments:

Rogers Family said...

Wow I thought Briggs has some pretty amazing prayers but wow Bryan that was funny. I totally could picture you saying that... That was awesome..

Traeger said...

CANDACE! Yeah - I can't tell you how many times I've thought of you over the last few years! Especially every time I hear the song "Come on Eileen"!!!! We're back in AZ (on the West side now) but we'll have to get together soon! I miss you!

Traeger Tribe said...

oops! that above post was supposed to be from me (not seth)

Unknown said...

That's STINKIN' CUTE!

mom/sandy said...

Aunt Judy would be so happy to know another recipe "WORKED"!!