Thursday, August 13, 2009

Work Sucks.....I Know

Blink-182 probably wasn't referring to Teaching when they wrote that line for their song, but it sure is true.

This has to be the hardest year yet. I have 30 students, which is WAY too many to get any work done. I've been at school 'til well after 5 each day this week. I still feel like I'm just barely keeping my nose above water. It better get better.

The hard part is that I don't love my kids yet. It's a lot like getting transferred to a new area as a missionary. I missed my old area and the people who were there, members and investigators. But eventually, I learned to love the new area. I know I will learn to love my new class, but until then, it's especially rough.

My feet were swollen yesterday. That's new to me in this pregnancy. I've discovered that wearing tennis shoes is the only way my back doesn't hurt, but that really limits my clothing options. (I will not be "that girl" who wears tennis shoes with a skirt!) But I'm not allowed to wear jeans every day yet. Maybe I can get a special exception. I'd rather not be pregnant and wear a skirt and heels.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ditto. On everything. Except the pregnant part.

let's go get a pedicure.

Malissa Cordova said...

Try Crocs...I hear they are comfy. And they make semi-cute ones...not really...but you can probably get away with wearing them with a skirt or dress.

Put your feet up alot!!

mom/sandy said...

I love the Chloe timeline!!

I was wondering how your week was going. Hopefully they will get another teacher fast to bring your ## down.

Hang in there!
Love ya

Kristen said...

Dude. Can I get a special exemption too? Let's work on it!!! Maybe another fashion show, this time with tennis shoes and skirts. Jeans will be great alternative!

Olsen Family said...

I'm with you Candace. I'm dieing without the jeans and tennis shoes. No swollen feet for me yet, but I'm willing to fake it.

Chad~Nicole said...

Towards the end of my pregnancy with Zane I wore some casual-ish sandals to church and thought about how disappointed my mom would be if she saw me, but there was no way my pregant feet could fit in heels another week. Even though I knew everyone else could care less about my footwear, it still bugged me since I knew better.