Sunday, July 15, 2007

Symbolism





I have a set of four wine glasses, given as a wedding present from one of my favorite people. I love drinking out of stemware, so these are my favorite glasses in our cabinet. Either last night or the night before, I had a dream that I was holding out the glass and it fell to the ground and shattered into thousands of tiny little pieces. There was some little kid in the dream that I was trying to keep from walking through the glass shards, but I can't remember if they did or not. Anyways, that part's not important.






I looked up several dream symbolism sites to see what breaking glass represents. I'm going to cut and paste what they said:






To break glass dishes, or windows, foretells the unfavorable termination to enterprises (An enterprise is an undertaking, especially one of some scope, complication, and risk.) (http://www.paranormality.com/dream_dictionary_g.shtml)




If glass is shattered in your dream, it could symbolize breaking of both negative and positive things. It could be the shattering of dreams or hopes that a person has been holding close to his heart.



To see a cup in your dream, represents nurturance and the womb. To see a broken cup in your dream, denotes feelings of powerlessness, guilt and/or low self-esteem. Perhaps you feel unqualified or inadequate in dealing with a situation.


This is the best one...

To see a wine glass in your dream represents happiness. It may also be symbolic of a pregnancy. If you break the wine glass, then it may denote a miscarriage.




Holy Crap! Could it be ANY more obvious??!! I used to think dream interpretation was like astrology; a person could stretch it to fit a situation if they really wanted to believe it. But this is unmistakable!!

1 comment:

Malissa said...

That's very cool...what does it mean if you're naked in the dream? just kidding...thanks for the insight..very cool.