Wednesday, July 11, 2007

My Personal Cricket Killer



I hate crickets. I cannot tolerate sharing my house with them. (I did tell them that the garage is neutral ground.) I must kill them when I see them or hear them. Last night we were sitting on the couches watching t.v. when I saw a cricket crawling out from under the couch that Bryan was laying on. Bryan's shoes were right nearby, so I screamed, "Cricket! Kill it! Your shoes are right there!" Bryan leaned forward--not even fully sitting up--picks up his shoe, and tosses it onto the cricket, killing it instantly. Impressive! In the picture, the flip flop is where it landed on top of the cricket.

2 comments:

mom/sandy said...

I know what you mean about crickets. When we lived in the fountain house we had crickets down in Kristys room in the basement. You couldn't always see them but you could hear them which would make her crazy cause she was afraid they would jump on her at nite!!

Cath said...

I'll kill crickets, but I draw the line at roaches. They crunch too much. There was one the other night, and Chelsea let it get away. I said, "NOW HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP?" Oh, the adrenaline.