Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Well greetings all from Fall Break!!!! Its been a little over a month since our last posting. Well we've been busy, I guess you could say a little bit too busy to post. So where do I start? Currently Candace is on fall break and I've decided to join her for a few days why we re-do the back yard.
But before I let you know what were doing in the back yard, I'll let you know what we've been up to. Really we've been hanging out not doing too much. Unless you count the long weekend we
recently took to California for some fun. We went a few weeks ago to go to the USC football game. We went over with my mom and stayed with
Grandma and Grandpa Stone for the weekend. We went over on Thursday afternoon and then on Friday we went to Disneyland! The picture to the left is of me in front of Matterhorn Mountain. As you can see a beautiful day in always sunny southern California. The forecast had called for rain, which worked out very nicely for us since people believed the forecast and didn't come out to play. We were able to walk on almost all of the rides with no wait times. So all in all a very nice time at Disneyland. On Saturday we slept in late, ate some nice home cooked breakfast and then headed off to the fashion district for a little shopping. Well Saturday wasn't as sunny and nice as it was on Friday, but it made



for a nice day to shop as we traveled around the streets looking for the deals.
After shopping for the deals we headed off to the LA Coliseum for the game. It was a great game with a little bit of rain with the sun still shinning on us. It was great and to top it off USC won!!! After the game was over we took a little stroll around the Coliseum to check out the history of it. It was pretty amazing.

Which brings us to the present week. We planted our winter lawn last week. Cut the grass down nice and short and as you can see from the pictures it's coming in nicely. Should fill in nice and thick over the next week or so. Also today we built us a little retaining wall along the back of the grass area. We got the retaining blocks that had the stone look to them. It adds a really nice look to the yard and even gives it a little bit bigger feeling to it because of the blocks. In the first picture of the yard we planted a new tree to add some nice shade to the area. In the same section we are also going to put in a pond. That is the project for Thursday, to finish digging the pond out. Should a fun filled day of digging. We've been soaking the dirt to make it easier to dig it all out. After which off to HD or Lowe's to check out which plants we want around the pond and the tree. Well once we get the pond all in we'll post some new pictures with the plants around it.










8 comments:

Rogers Family said...

it so nice seeing a new post!! I almost gave up on the bryan and candace blog!! Thank goodness I am so patient... JK Your back yard is looking really nice. Good work you two.

Marie said...

I found your blog through Jen Brinkerhoff...how great is that?! Such a small world. I am so glad to hear that you are doing so good :)

Chad~Nicole said...

Yeah for Fall Break! The one the thing I miss about being a teacher is getting a vacation. :)

HEIDI said...

Finally a new blog! I love the pic of you two at the USC game. And your backyard looks great, I didn't know you had such big plans for fall break.

mom/sandy said...

How I love a new blog!!
Even tho I pretty much know what you have been up to its still fun to read about it.
The yard looks good-can't wait to see the flowers and the pond.
Enjoy your last day off tomorrow and work hard.
Love MOM

Malissa said...

Looks really nice! I too love new posts...not sure why it takes SO long for an update!! But I'll take it!! Backyard looks great!

Travis and Marie said...

so fun to see what's going on with you....found you through Marie's blog....looks like you are doing fantastic!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see you yard. And I totally love your bangs Candace. I know I've told you but you just look so stinkin' cute!!