Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Breakin' Up is Hard to Do

I went to lunch during Fall Break with a friend who is still single, bless her heart, I've been there. There was one day in September when she asked how I was doing and I told her I was pregnant, and she told me that she thought that she had found Mr. Right! But when we went to lunch on Fall Break, I had to tell her that I miscarried again, and she told me that they had broken up. The timing was oddly funny. We were comparing our situations. Has anyone ever considered how similar a miscarriage is to a break-up??? We found so many similarities! She's lucky enough to have someone to blame and someone to be mad at. Who do I blame? Who can I be mad at? My own body? The Lord? Yes, and Yes, but it's not the same.

Consider the similarities, and imagine getting dumped by both your own body and by the Lord. Ouch. At least I have Bryan.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Let's do lunch again soon... with good news. (FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY????)

I love you!

mom/sandy said...

Candace don't think for a moment that the Lord has dumped on you.

Remember we agreeded to the trial and tribulations we have to deal with. They will be for our good.
The day will come when you will hold your sweet baby in your arms and this experience will be a fading memory.

I love you both and pray for your happiness everyday.

Love ya

Jenifer said...

I hoped over from marie's blog and read this. My heart broke for your hurt. I have had two miscarriages and they leave holes in your heart. Always. I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you feel happiness soon.

Cath said...

You've seen Return to Me, right? With Minnie Driver and David Duchovney? "What was God thinking?!"

The Wood Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your recent loss! If you ever need an ear, I've been there. I can TOTALLY relate!